Allenstown Animal Hospital Is Your Trusted Allenstown Veterinarian
Your pets are just as important to us as they are to you. As an experienced Allenstown veterinarian service, our team is available to meet most of your pet’s unique needs. From preventative care to emergency service, let our professionals help you to keep your pet healthy and a part of your family for years to come. We serve patients in Allenstown, Pembroke, Hooksett, and Concord, New Hampshire.
Get to Know Your Veterinarian
Dr. Suzan Watkins, DVM and the staff at Allenstown Animal Hospital have more than three decades of experience serving the region and many pets. We believe in providing a loving, comfortable experience no matter if your pet is coming in for a simple exam or a surgical procedure. Dr. Watkins specializes in veterinary surgery. Dr. Christine O’Connell, DVM is also available to help with your pet. She specializes in the areas of internal medicine and dentistry.
Services Available at Allenstown Animal Hospital
We offer a full range of services to meet your pet’s needs. We recommend bringing your pet in for an annual exam as a first step. We can then help to prevent, diagnose, and treat any ailments that your pet may suffer from. Our services include:
- Preventative Medicine: Examinations, vaccinations, parasite prevention, and breed-specific care including diet and lifestyle.
- Diagnostic and Therapeutic Services: We have the comprehensive diagnostic tools available to help diagnose your pet’s needs and therapeutic services to ensure complete pet care is always available.
- Surgical Services: We have a state-of-the-art surgical suite that is available for any procedures performed including spay and neutering and complex soft tissue procedures. We also offer orthopedic procedures including cruciate ligament repair, fracture repair, and TPLO.
- Anesthesia: Keeping your pet safe while undergoing procedure requiring anesthesia is very important to us, especially for older pets who may be at increased risk. We practice only the safest anesthetic protocols and monitoring.
- Radiology Services: We perform x-rays onsite using modern, digital x-ray which provides fast and accurate diagnostic information. Digital radiology allows us to utilize the services of off-site specialists if necessary.
- Electrocardiography and Ultrasound Services: Your pet will have access to ECG and other cardiac care at our animal hospital as we offer all of the necessary equipment. We enlist the services of a board certified internal medicine specialist to come to our facility to perform ultrasound procedures when needed.
- Laboratory: Our in-house lab allows us to screen for ailments and provide blood testing right onsite.
- Pharmacy: With a comprehensive pharmacy onsite, you don’t have to go far to find the medications, vitamins, dental, and flea and tick care products necessary for your pet.
- Dentistry: Keeping a pet’s teeth healthy is one of the most commonly overlooked health related issues by pet owners. It is actually one of the most essential elements to maintaining your pet's overall health. Broken or chipped teeth, tartar and plaque, and ultimately gum infections can lead to heart, kidney and other organ disease when not properly addressed. We provide complete dental services from routine cleaning to extractions and emergency care onsite using state of the art dental equipment. Because 75% of a pet's tooth lies below the gum line, our digital dental radiography allows us to comprehensively make a complete assessment your pet's dental health. The American Veterinary Medical Association states that dental radiography is requirment to meet the minimum standard of care for pet's dental care
We also offer individualized flea and tick control, nutritional programs through our dietary counseling services, and behavioral counseling onsite. Talk to us about any need you may have.
Schedule an Appointment with Your Allenstown Veterinarian Today
Call Allenstown Animal Hospital today to schedule an appointment with our team. We’re dedicated to providing you with exceptional care. If you need an appointment in Pembroke, Hooksett, or Allenstown veterinarian services from our vets is available to you. Call us today: (603) 485-7133.